Supplement Stack For Muscle-Building
The supplement industry has entirely shifted the level of competition and physical presentation, not only has it proved itself in terms of giving the body an appropriate shape but also has made a mark in
terms of providing requirement basis nutrients. It helps the body to grow, by instilling essential nutritional macros, and compounds. Supplements as the name suggest supplements your physical growth by acting as a contributing factor apart from your workouts and diets. The main reason for taking in supplements is the inability to fulfill all dietary requirements of the body.
"About to start bulking, but have no idea about the supplements to use during this phase don't worry, Keep reading !"
Role Of Supplements In Muscle Building
1) It helps us to fulfill the quantity of protein in the body which is otherwise tough, particularly for vegetarians and vegans.
2) Dietary supplements like BCAA, are essential because it contains compounds that are not produced by the body.
3) With the increasing rate of development in the scientific sphere of bodybuilding, we now know that muscle building requires a lot of quality nutrients for the overall result, this can be made available to the body only by supplements.
4) Supplements like Gainers also help the body to pack on muscle mass that is enhanced quality-wise.
5) Last but not least, it also saves time that is required for major meal preparations.
The Supplement Stack
1) Whey Protein – It is basically a liquid part of the milk left while converting the milk into cheese. Whey basically forms the 20% the by-product. The taste of a whey protein is the same as that of dried
milk powder but is mixed with other flavoring agents to get the required taste. Whey protein is of three types depending upon the concentration:
Concentrate : Contains a protein percentage of around 65-80% contains some lactose and fat and has the best flavor.
Isolate : 90% protein, or higher; contains less lactose and fat and lacks some beneficial nutrients found in whey protein concentrate. It is basically used during the cutting phase, to retain the muscle mass.
Hydrolyzed : It has a fast-absorbing quality. It causes a 28–43% greater spike in insulin levels than isolate.
The Benefit of Whey Protein in Muscle Building Phase:-
It helps the body in filling the protein margin, quicker and in an efficient way.
Whey has a fast-absorbing nature and helps in the easy repair of broken-down muscle fibers during the workout; this factor makes Whey the most suited post-workout protein-rich drink.
Dosage and Timings:- Talking about the dosage, the general amount falls around 1-2 scoops(30gm scoop) depending upon the need and the protein mark. In some cases, the amount can be raised to
complete the protein mark. The best suited time for consuming a whey protein is post-workout, as it helps in easy absorption of protein. Apart from this, it can be consumed as a shake at any time.
2. BCAA:- BCAA (Branch Chained Amino Acids) is a group of “three” amino acids out of the twenty present in the protein. Three amino acids are namely-
1. Leucine - 2-Amino-4-methylpentanoic acid.
2. Isoleucine -2-Amino-3-methylpentanoic acid.
3. Valine -2-Amino-3-methylbutanoic acid
If you have seen jacked giants in the gym lifting weights and drinking a colored potion in jars during work out, you guessed it right it is BCAA. The main reason to take BCAA as a supplement or in the diet is “our body can’t produce these BCAA’s on their own and unlike other amino acids, it gets absorbed in muscles rather than the liver.
The Benefit of BCAA in Muscle Building Phase:-
1. BCAA helps in efficient muscle growth and enhances performance during workouts by reducing fatigue levels during the sessions.
2. Leucine present in BCAA helps in the synthesis of protein in the body, which repairs broken tissue.
Dosage and Timings:- Talking about the dosage, the mark falls somewhere between 5 to 10 grams a day, and can be raised as per the workout standards. The appropriate time for taking a BCAA is intra-workout.
3. Creatine:- Creatine is a phenomenal option when we talk about supplements needed for muscle building. Creatine is a key influencer in the phosphagen energy system, which forms ATP (essential energy molecules). Creatine can also improve strength, power, and high-intensity exercise performance. Creatine also helps in lowering blood sugar levels.
Benefits of Creatine in Muscle Building
1. It enables the body to increase the overall workout volume, which helps in muscle building
2. It increases muscle mass, by enabling less muscle breakdown.
3. It raises water content inside the cell and helps in giving the fuller and stouter look to the muscle.
Dosage and Timings:- The dosage for creatine intake can be split into two ways. One is the simple intake of creatine for about 5grams/day, while the second being the creatine loading phase, which involves intake of 20gms of creatine/day, for the first 4 weeks, then bringing the count
back to 5gms/day. There is no specified time for taking creatine, which can be taken both pre and post-workout.
4. Gainers:- Many people fail to understand the difference between protein powders and gainers, and don’t want to invest in both at the same time, but making things clear I would say both are different.
Whey protein has high protein content with little or no carbohydrates, whereas a gainer has carbohydrate content, less protein, and even lesser fat content. These carbohydrates are from cleaner sources and work as fuel for workouts.
Benefits of Gainers in Muscle Building
1. It enables the body to increase the carbohydrate intake, which later fuels the workout.
It also helps in the fast building of muscle mass.
One important aspect of gainers is that they help in easy and fast
recovery after workouts.
Dosage and Timings:- The dosage for gainers in falls around 1-2 scoops(30gm scoop) throughout the day. The suited time for consuming a gainer is pre-workout basically because it has
carbohydrate contents to help you during the workouts.
5. Multivitamins:- Multivitamins have no direct relationship with muscle building, but what they actually do enhances the procedure of muscle building. B12 an essential vitamin for muscle building is found only in animal proteins, hence generally lacks in the body of a vegetarian or a vegan. So taking multivitamins helps in filling the stack.
Benefits of Multivitamins in Muscle Building
1. It provides with the essential vitamins that help in the activation of muscle-building compounds
2. It reduces muscle soreness and also enhances muscle recovery.
Dosage and Timings:- The dosage of a multivitamin is varied, but on the general scale I would suggest you keep the mark at 1 capsule a day. The ideal time to consume them is before bed.
Bottom Line:- Every supplement mentioned in the pages above or anywhere in the world has unique working, dosage, qualities, and effects. Like people, supplements are also not identical to each other.
Supplements are required to enhance the performance of your workouts and your muscles, they help in one way or the other, to facilitate the process. But, mind my words supplements are not everything. Supplements are taken to fulfill the macros, nutrients that food alone can not. If your food contains the essential amount of every required macros and nutrient you will never need a supplement.
Thanks for reading it, make sure you buy the supplements as per your goal and budget, and not on fashionable choices. If you have any questions, suggestions, ideas let me know your views here, or on my social media handles.
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/tatvabodh_arya/
Linkedin - https://www.linkedin.com/in/tatvabodharya/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/tatvabodh.arya
Email - Aryatatvabodh@gmail.com
Stay happy, stay healthy, stay safe, and try them out.