All about Seaweed Supplement
Seaweeds are also referred to as macroalgae. These are multicellular and marine. Algae are classified into three main categories: Chlorophyceae, Phaeophyceae, Rhodophyceae. We can find seaweed in following categories of algae: Chlorophyta is also known as green algae, Phaeophyceae also is known as brown algae, Chrysophyceae is also known as golden algae, Cyanobacteria are also known as blue-green algae, and Rhodophyta also is known as red algae.
France, United Kingdom, Japan, are among the top producing countries of seaweed. These mainly grow in saltwater near the littoral zone of the sea. These are mainly consumed in East Asia. Seaweed products which are gelatinous, are known as hydrocolloids or hydrocolloids. These are food additives, which are mainly used as a gelling agent, and emulsifier. These also removes unwanted nutrients from the water source. In water, these are home to many aquatic creatures.
Role in health:
· Seaweeds have a high amount of iodine and tyrosine. These compounds help in keeping a check on diseases such as thyroid.
· These are the source if multi-vitamin and minerals such as Iron, Riboflavin, Manganese, Thiamine, Copper, Fibre, etc.
· Acts as an antioxidant, as they contain carotenoids, flavonoid, fucoxanthin, and other such compounds.
· Contains a considerable amount of polysaccharide and fiber which is beneficial for our stomach and intestine.
· It delays hunger, thus helps in reducing weight.
· It reduces any risk of heart disease.
· Help in keeping a check on diabetes.
1. It contains a very high amount of Iodine which is not required by our body in such a heavy amount.
2. It is a very high source of vitamin-A and many other vitamins.
3. This is a rich source of macronutrients.
4. These have a high protein content.
5. These are considered macronutrients and novel food in many countries across the globe.
For your views suggestions, and notable points kindly let me know the same in the comment section.